I don’t know what I did to deserve this kid, but Weston is truly special. He has an amazing ability for a 6 year old boy to notice how others around him are feeling and offer comfort.
The other day when I was picking Weston up from school he was really late coming out. When he finally came outside I asked him what took so long and he said that the classroom was a big mess and Mrs. Miller was cleaning it all alone so he wanted to stay and help her. Then he wanted to check in and see how his old kindergarten teacher was doing after that.
He’s always expressing gratitude. He’s always telling me he loves me.
I’ve had a hard few days and been a bit of a wreck emotionally. Tonight I was trying to get kids to bed and after a fight with Claire, I lost it. I needed to take a break alone in my room for a minute and get a good cry out. Wes quietly entered my room, put his arms around me, and just cried with me. It was the sweetest moment. It left me amazed at his ability to mourn with those that mourn. I just feel so lucky he’s mine. And so proud I’m raising someone so inherently good. I keep thinking how unique and special he is and it makes me feel special that I get to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment