.

.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Faith Is for the Future

This is Christmas 2008.  

I was taught a valuable lesson on a rough day right after this picture was taken. Elder Holland gave a talk in a BYU devotional called “Remember Lots Wife”: Faith is for the Future.  

The story is from the Old Testament. While fleeing Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot’s wife looks back, after being told not to, and is turned to a pillar of salt. The lesson from this story, Elder Holland taught, is about looking forward instead of back. Lots wife’s sin was not looking back, it was longing to go back. 

My lesson as a newlywed (when I was wishing to go back to easier times) was about having faith God is leading me somewhere better. This example does not mean my single life was comparable to Sodom and Gomorrah 🙂 just that it was time to go somewhere else and I needed to trust the Lord in that process.  

Fast forward 13 years.  Christmas 2021. I still constantly  remind myself of this lesson— to trust the Lord is continuing to lead me somewhere better— motherhood exhaust me some days and I long for easier times but then remember—faith is for the future. I can certainly see the happy results of pressing forward with faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment